By KellyAnn Thomas, Posted on: September 11, 2013
Measuring your campaigns results can be a challenge. Here are a few social media marketing metrics that could be used and tracked daily to provide to benefit you using online campaigns. Keep in mind that your return of investment (ROI) should also consider your teams efforts into these campaigns that are related to your activities with time being spent, social media engaging and interacting with your online audiences. In order to achieve your ROI you must have solid social media strategies, know which social sites work best for them and the goals for your campaign.
SOCIAL SITE TOOLS FOR REAL ESTATE PROFESSIONALS:
Using Twitter is a great and quick way of getting your brand name, your message and responses out to your target audience. Using Twitters tools can enhance engagement. Tools that can make your life easier to market online are Listerious a tool that allows you to create a targeted list, Buffer is a plug-in that allows you to automatically send and share information to your Twitter site for those who are following you to see the data, images and links you provide.
Using Social Mentions can narrow your selection of topic online by selecting specific words to reach out to many social media sites in one search. Example is by setting up your own search parameters by adding search word topics for say your looking for local houses for sale in your area you would add those specific words. By doing this you can narrow your search and at the same time finding competitors postings, private discussions and what areas are selling homes.
Postling is a monitoring, tracking and social management platform that you can keep track of what people are saying about you easily by iphone or any device. It’s easy to organize and respond to people in your social inbox without the hassle of going into many different sites. Postling is not free like some other services but they are worth it because of the convenience and professionals working for you daily. Postling is a great source to get new customers targeted audiences interested in home improvements, purchasing home furniture, and news and advice on the housing market with online data that includes comments and social activities in one area. You can publish to any of the social media sites, get alerts similar to Google Alerts that you set up for keywords and phrases that you want to keep track online customers targeting those words.
Looking to add time and money spent in your day. Going into each of your different social media sites for alerts, posts, tweets, requests, messaging and comments can be time consuming and costly. Nutshell Mail has a quick and free solution for this dilemma. Nutshell Mail that is on Twitter @nutshellmail connects all your social media site accounts into one area that tracks all of these for you. This site notifies you when you want to by how frequently you want to be notified.
YouTube adding your brand name, professional services and video about what you do and showcasing the homes on this site is a positive visual for others to see on this social site. Zillow.com has added How Advice – A guide for Real Estate Professionals video from Director of Broker Services Sara Bonert. You can watch this on your own time by and other professionals have created and added quality videos on homes for sale, advice, training and other important topics in the real estate industry given their input on YouTube videos.
WHY USE SOCIAL MEDIA IN REAL ESTATE:
- Establish a professional brand name online
- Posts of homes for sale
- Online property tours
- Showcase local expertise
- Schedule showings
- YouTube videos
- Join online conversations for Q&A forums
TRACK YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA SITES BY:
- Return of Investment (ROI) and your choice of social media channel sites.
- Track your top influencers and reiterate this information towards your next campaign.
- Leads by social media sites that create conversion goals (discussion comments, leads by email opt-ins, social shares, tweets and sales purchases).
- SEO, keywords, tagged words.
- Traffic referrals by social media channel
- Conversion rate by social media channel
- Sales by social media channel
- What the social media channels are reaching your audiences?
- What statistic platforms you are using to gather data such as subscribers, likes, followers, tweets, re-tweets, comments and members
- Engagement per Tweet
- Engagement by social media channel
- Engagement by post and comments
- Brand interactions by mentions (negative versus positive).
RESEARCH BENCHMARKS & MEASURMENTS FOR RESULTS:
Analytic data tracked for campaign specific are focused more on events, targeted markets towards your products and services. This data is measured by given benchmarks towards the campaign goals. Some measurements for blogs and social sites can be tracked that is an on going process. This type of analytic measurement technique towards your data is monitored continuously regardless of benchmarks and the purpose is to track the data for daily activity on statistics of specific goals. Both of these types of social media measurements are to focus on goal-oriented metrics. They both can be utilized with the assistance of management platforms such as Google Analytics, Sprout Social and Hootsuite. These sites allow you to analyze, monitor and manage your campaigns.
Knowing who is your audience is, where they are online and keeping track of online communications and engaging in your audience is needed on all the social sites. Keep in mind of the following questions when creating your online branding, campaigns and connections to your clients.
- What are the benchmarks and goals to being online using social media sites? Benchmarking to measuring metrics to determine outcomes.
- What social media sites are best for our products or services online?
- How is my social engagement to my targeted audience?
- Am I reaching the right audience?
- How do I respond to conversations and comments in a timely manner?
- Do I have the right staff to provide online assistance if and when needed?
- How is my brand online appearance? Is there a brand awareness online positive or negative? Is the brand acknowledged and recognized?
- Where are the conversations and what social media sites?
- Core messaging and what is people saying about your company?
- Who are the top influences in your industry? Who is influential towards your company?
- What keywords and phrases people using to search for you online and in social media sites?
- Web analytics, know your data statistics, know how many unique, new and returning visitors come to your website.
Keep track of your status online by analytics. Use all necessary social media sites available towards your chosen mediums. If you are using all social media sites keep in mind of the time spent daily, weekly and monthly that will be used to provide data and respond to your clients in a timely manner.
Remember the whole purpose of intergrading social media tools are to engage actively with your online clients to reach out to them and promote your brand’s products and services.
If you have any new social media sites that will benefit the real estate industry please feel free to email me those links or leave your suggestions in our comment section of the blog.